Thursday, December 10, 2020

A Light Came Out Of Darkness

 



"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great Light;
those who dwelt in the land of intense darkness and the shadow of death
upon them the Light shined."
Isaiah 9:2


King of Kings
Yongsung Kim



A Light came out of darkness;

No light, no hope had we,

Till Jesus came from Heaven

Our Light and Hope to be.

Oh, as I read the story

From birth to dying cry,

A longing fills my bosom

To meet Him by and by.

How tender His compassion

How loving was His call,

How earnest His entreaty

To sinners, one and all.

He wooed, and won them to Him

By love and that is why

I long to be like Jesus

And meet Him by and by.

Yet deeper do I ponder

His cross and sorrow see,

And ever gaze and wonder

Why Jesus died for me.

And shall I fear to own Him?

Can I my Lord deny?

No! let me love Him, serve Him,

And meet Him by and by.




"A Light Came Out Of Darkness"
(1901)
William A. Hawley
(1860-1929)
Canadian-born hymn writer for
The Salvation Army




No comments:

Post a Comment