Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Heaven And Earth And Sea And Air



"I will give to the Lord the thanks due to
His righteousness and justice,
and I will sing praise to the name
of the Lord Most High."
Psalm 7:17


"Solitude"
Yongsung Kim


Heaven and earth and sea and air,

All their Maker's praise declare;

Wake my soul, awake and sing:

Now thy grateful praises bring.

See the glorious orb of day

Breaking through the clouds his way;

Moon and stars with silvery light

Praise Him through the silent night.

See how He hath everywhere

Made this earth so rich and fair;

Hill and vale and fruitful land,

All things living show His hand.

Lord, great wonders workest Thou!

To Thy sway all creatures bow;

Write Thou deeply in my heart

What I am and what Thou art.




"Heaven And Earth And Sea And Air"
(1680)
Joachim Neander
(1650-1680)
German clergyman, scholar
and hymn writer



No comments:

Post a Comment