Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Mid All The Traffic Of The Ways

 

"Let be and be still and know
recognize and understand, 
that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations!
I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalm 46:10


Seashell Cosmos


Mid all the traffic of the ways,

Turmoils without, within,

Make in my heart a quiet place,

And come and dwell there-in:

A little shrine of quietness,

All sacred to Thyself

Where Thou shall all my soul possess

And I may find myself;

A little shelter from life's stress,

Where I may lay me prone,

And bare my soul in loneliness,

And know as I am known;

A little place of mystic grace,

Of self and sin swept bare,

Where I may look up on Thy face

And talk with Thee in prayer.

Amen


"Mid All The Traffic Of The Ways"
John Oxenham
Born William Arthur Dunkerley
(1852-1941)
English-born journalist, novelist, and poet



No comments:

Post a Comment