Tuesday, May 18, 2021

My God, I Thank Thee, Who Hast Made



"He has made everything beautiful in its time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11



Meadow Buttercup
New Jersey Spring Wildflower
I saw lots of these lovely dainty yellow  wildflowers blooming
 alongside the roads on the way to Cape May last week.
I actually have a lot of patches growing in my yard too!




My God, I thank Thee, Who hast made

The earth so bright,

So full of splendor and joy,

Beauty and light;


So many glorious things are here,

Noble and right.

I thank Thee, too, that Thou hast made

Joy to abound;


So many gentle thoughts and deeds

Circling us round,

That in the darkest spot on earth

Some love is found.


I thank Thee, Lord, that Thou has kept

The best in store;

We have enough, yet not too much

To long for more:


A yearning for a deeper peace

Not known before.

I thank Thee, Lord, that here our souls,

Though amply blest,


Can never find, although they seek,

A perfect rest;

Nor ever shall, until they lean

On Jesus' breast.

Amen


"My God, I Thank Thee, Who Hast Made"
(1858)
Adelaide Anne Procter
(1825-1864)
English poetess and philanthropist




No comments:

Post a Comment