Wednesday, August 11, 2021

My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less

 


"Now we have this hope as a sure and steadfast anchor
of the soul, it cannot slip and it cannot break down under
whoever steps out upon it-a hope that reaches farther and
 enters into the very certainty of the Presence within the veil."
(Hebrews 6:19)




My hope is built on nothing less

 than Jesus' blood and righteousness;

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

 But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

When darkness veils His lovely face,

 I rest on His unchanging grace;

In every high and stormy gale, 

My anchor holds within the veil.

On Christ, the solid Rock I stand; 

 All other ground is sinking sand.


His oath, His covenant, His blood, 

Support me in the overwhelming flood;

When all around my soul gives way,

 He then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,

 O may I then in Him be found!

Dressed in His righteousness alone,

 Faultless to stand before the throne!

On Christ, the solid Rock I stand; 

 All other ground is sinking sand.


"My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less"
(1843)
Edward Mote
(1797-1874)
English pastor and hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment