Sunday, June 19, 2022

A Small Boy & His Father's Prayers


"Only be on guard and diligently watch yourselves, so that you do not forget
the things your eyes have seen, and so that they do not slip from your heart
as long as you live.  Teach them to your children and grandchildren."
(Deuteronomy 4:9)


Spiritual Warfare
Ron DiCianni
American artist



When Father prays, he doesn't use

The words the preacher does;

There's different things for different days

But mostly it's for us.


When Father prays, the house is still-

His voice is slow and deep.

We shut our eyes, the clock ticks loud,

So quiet we must keep.


He prays that we may be good boys,

And later on, good men;

And then we squirm and think we won't

Have any quarrel again.


You'd never think to look at Dad

He once had tempers, too.

I guess, if Father needs to pray,

We youngsters surely do.


Sometimes the prayer gets very long

And hard to understand,

And then I wiggle up quite close

And let him hold my hand.


I can't remember all of it-

I'm little yet, you see;

But this one thing I can't forget-

My father prays for me!


"A Small Boy & His Father's Prayers"
Written by Mrs. L.W. Hall


Have a beautiful and blessed Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment