Saturday, July 2, 2022

On My Mind: God, America, And Israel

 

"For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace,
and for Jerusalem's sake, I will not rest..."
(Isaiah 62:1)



President Donald Trump, seen here with former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, made it
clear during his time in the Oval Office that America stands with the nation and people of Israel.


The day when Roe vs. Wade was overturned, I felt a lightness in the
spiritual atmosphere of our nation which I have not felt in a long time.
I remember years ago, certain politicians adamantly insisting that
Roe vs. Wade could never be overturned. They were wrong.

I have also heard, more recently, quite a few prominent Christians
declare that America is not in the Bible, and/or we will have to lose our
superpower status in order for certain prophetic end time events to come to pass.
I am not a Bible scholar with degrees from a school of theology or a Bible college
on my living room wall, but I love to read and to study God's Word.

Although America is not mentioned by name in the Bible, we are definitely
a nation of the world.  We also had a recent leader, President Donald Trump,
who not only publicly recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel-the first
leader of the United States to do so-but he moved our embassy there to back
up his words. Although the 2020 election was stolen from him, and the so-called,
"government" now installed in Washington DC is profoundly evil, 
 I know that God has not forgotten Donald Trump, nor his honoring 
 of the nation and people of Israel.


Jerusalem, Israel
Picture courtesy/Wikipedia


I believe God will honor Mr. Trump's decision by blessing America.
In the natural, as we see all this wickedness going on, it is hard to see
God's purposes at work in our nation.  The Bible declares that God
works in mysterious ways.

The prophet Isaiah attests, "For My thoughts are not your
 thoughts, neither are your ways, My ways". (Isaiah 55:8).

Although the world is growing spiritually darker as the days pass,
God and His Word never change and this includes His promises 
 concerning the nations of the world in regards to His people, Israel.

As He told the patriarch Abraham, "I will bless those who bless you
and curse them who curse or use insolent language towards you;
in you all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed,
 and by you will bless themselves." (Genesis 12:3)

I believe that God, through the presidency of Donald Trump, blessed
the American people and our nation when Mr. Trump chose three
Supreme Court Justices whom were instrumental, along with senior
Justice Clarence Thomas, in turning over Roe vs. Wade.  Now
Justice Thomas is setting his sights on overturning same-sex
marriage , which, like the Roe decision, was unlawfully rammed
through the court without giving the American people 
 the choice to vote on it.

May God bless and protect Justice Thomas.  He is a true American hero.

I hope everyone reading this post today has a beautiful and blessed Fourth of July!




No comments:

Post a Comment