Sunday, July 17, 2022

The America That Use To Be: Top 10 Forgotten Grocery Stores

 

A nostalgic look back at your friendly neighborhood supermarket!

Before there was an Aldi or Lidl store in the town where I grew up,
there was a Food Fair and then, a Pantry Pride store, which
  later became IGA, and after that, Save-A-Lot.

Over the years, these stores all occupied the same 
building, which was recently vacated by Save-A-Lot,
and is now part of a car dealership.
 
I well remember the A & P Store in our town too.
  If I was good in the store my mother would sometimes give me a 
 a quarter for the gumball or prize machine in the front of the store.
When I was a real little girl I often took a ride on the coin-operated
 western pony outside the store which also cost twenty-five cents.

 There was also an Acme Market in our town, which later became the
 public library after the store moved it's operations to a bigger space
 in a new shopping center a few miles away.

How my mother managed to shop for groceries with all six of us kids
 in tow never ceases to amaze me!  She's a very brave lady!😁


Top 10 Forgotten Grocery Stores
Underground Retail


No comments:

Post a Comment