Monday, November 28, 2022

Monday Meditation: Judge And Vindicate Me O God

 

Judge and vindicate me, O God; plead and defend my cause against
an ungodly nation.  O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!


Sunrise over Freedom Plaza
Washington DC
Photograph courtesy/Reddit


For You are the God of my strength, my Stronghold in Whom I take refuge;
why have You cast me off? Why go I mourning because of the
oppression of the enemy?

O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling.

Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy; 
 yes, with the lyre will I praise You, O God, my God!

Why are you cast down, O my inner self?  And why should you moan
over me and be disquieted within me?  Hope in God and wait expectantly
for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the help of my sad
 countenance and my God.
(Psalm 43)


"The way to forget our miseries is to remember the God of our mercies.
David saw troubles coming from God's wrath and that discouraged him.
But if one trouble follows hard after another, if all seem to combine for
our ruin, let us remember they are all appointed and overruled by the Lord.

David regards the Divine favor as the fountain of all the good he looked for.
In the Savior's name let us hope and pray.  One word from Him will calm
every storm, and turn midnight darkness into the light of noon, the
bitterest complaint into joyful praises.

Our believing expectation of mercy must quicken our prayers for it.
At length, David's faith came off conqueror, by encouraging him to
trust in the name of the Lord and to stay himself upon his God.
This thought enabled him to triumph over all his griefs and fears.

Let us never think that the God of our life and the Rock of our salvation
has forgotten us, if we make His mercy, truth, and power our refuge.
As the psalmist strove against his despondency, through his faith
and hope he obtained the victory.

Let us learn to check all unbelieving doubts and fears.  Apply the
promise first to ourselves and then plead it to God."

-Matthew Henry's Commentary




No comments:

Post a Comment