Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Wednesday's Word: A Call To Prayer


"Who shall ever separate us from Christ's love?

Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation?

Or calamity and distress?

Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?


Image courtesy/ VOM Radio


Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long;

 we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter.

Yet amid all these things were are more than conquerors and gain a
surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.

For I am persuaded beyond doubt that neither death nor life,
nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening
nor things to come, nor powers,

Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to
separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus the Lord."
(Romans 8:35-39)


Persecution In Africa/
Power in Christian Worship
Voice of the Martyrs USA
(December 22, 2022)



A Prayer For The Persecuted

Psalm 141
A Psalm of David


Lord, I call upon You; hasten to me.

Give ear to my voice when I cry to You.

Let my prayer be set forth as incense before You

the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Set a guard, O Lord, before my mouth;

keep watch at the door of my lips.

Incline my heart not to submit or consent

to any evil thing or to be occupied

 in deeds of wickedness with men

who work iniquity; and let me not

eat of their dainties.

Let the righteous man smite and correct me

-it is a kindness

Oil so choice let not my head refuse or discourage;

for even in their evils or calamities

shall my prayer continue.

When their rulers are overthrown in stony places

their followers shall hear my words,

that they are sweet.

The unburied bones of slaughtered rulers

shall lie scattered at the mouth of Sheol

as unregarded as the lumps of soil

behind the plowman

when he breaks open the ground.

But my eyes are toward You, O God the Lord;

in You do I trust and take refuge;

pour not out my life nor leave it

destitute and bear.

Keep me from the trap

which they have laid for me,

and the snares of the evildoers.

Let the wicked fall together

in their own nets,

while I pass over them and escape.



No comments:

Post a Comment