Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Wednesday's Word: Living For Jesus

 

"For as far as this world you have died, and your new
real life is hidden with Christ in God."
(Colossians 3:3)


Sweet William
Picture courtesy/Victoriana Nursery Gardens


Living for Jesus a life that is true,

Striving to please Him in all that I do;

Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,

This is the pathway of blessing for me.


Living for Jesus who died in my place,

Bearing on Calvary my sin and disgrace;

Such love constrains me to answer His call,

Following His leading and give Him my all.

Living for Jesus wherever I am,

Doing each duty in His holy name;

Willing to suffer affliction and loss,

Deeming each trial a part of my cross.


Living for Jesus through earth's little while,

My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;

Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,

Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.


Savior,  I give myself to Thee,

For Thou, in Thy atonement,

Didst give Thyself for me;

I own no other Master,

My heart shall be Thy throne,

My life I give, hence-forth to live,

O Christ,  for Thee alone.



"Living For Jesus"
(1945)
Thomas Obadiah Chisholm
(1866-1960)
American minister, poet.
hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment