Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Wild Lilacs Blooming

 



Springtime is one of my favorite seasons.

Especially when the lilacs are blooming in my backyard!



Wild Lilacs
(Syringa Vulgaris)
Image courtesy/Rutgers Landscape & Nursery



A wealth of lilacs have I here

Their mystic whispers stir my ear.

Their lovely fragrance fills my heart,

As memories their blooms impart.


When I was but a little child,

A lilac bush, untrimmed and wild,

Delighted me with joy untold,

Where shone the sun of purest gold,

I pulled the cluster of lilac spray.

And breathed their fragrance of the day.

One morning time a lilac hue

Slipped softly o'er the sea of blue.

It seemed that souls of lilacs gone

Has stolen back to rule the dawn.


Fair lilacs of my thousand dreams,

My heart and you thrills and teems.

With thoughts and hopes of life to be

That seeks to win the soul of me.


"Lilacs"
A poem by
Helen Emma Maring








No comments:

Post a Comment