Thursday, June 13, 2024

Thursday's Thoughts: I Am Thine, O Lord





"Let us all come forward and draw near with true, honest, and sincere hearts
 in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith, by
 the leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust
 and confidence in His power, wisdom and goodness, having our hearts
sprinkled and purified from a guilty evil conscience and our bodies
cleansed with pure water."
(Hebrews 10:22)



Living Water
Danielle Ortega
Canadian artist
Image courtesy/Prophetic Art/ Prophetics Gallery



I am thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,

And it told Thy love to me;

But I long to rise in the arms of faith,

And be closer drawn to Thee.


Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,

By the power of grace divine;

Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,

And my will be lost in Thine.


O the pure delight of a single hour

That before Thy throne I spend,

When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,

I commune as friend with Friend!


There are depths of love that I cannot know

Till I cross the narrow sea;

There are heights of joy that I may not reach

Till I rest in peace with Thee.

Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,

To the cross where Thou hast died;

Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,

To Thy precious bleeding side.

Amen



Photograph courtesy/Wikipedia

"I Am Thine On Lord"
(1875)
Fanny Jane Crosby
(1820-1915)
Prolific blind American hymn writer, poet,
lyricist, and composer




No comments:

Post a Comment