Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Wednesday's Word: Through All The Changing Scenes Of Life

 




"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My life makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
(Psalm 34:1-3)


Summer Rose Garden
Photograph courtesy/Pinterest



Through all the changing scenes of life,  In trouble and in joy,

The praises of my God shall still my heart and tongue employ.

O magnify the Lord with me, With me exalt His name;

When in distress to Him I called,  He to my rescue came.

O make but trial of His love;  Experience will decide

How blest are they and only they, Who in His truth confide.

Fear Him, ye saints, and you will then, Have nothing else to fear;

Make you His service your delight; Your wants shall be in His care.

For God preserves the souls of those  Who on His truth depend;

To them and their posterity,  His blessings shall descend.

Amen



"Through All The Changing Scenes Of Life"
(1696)
Tate and Brady
From A Collection of Hymns and Sacred Poems
(1749)
Arranged by John Frederick Lampe
(1703-1751)
German-born English musician and composer.
In 1727, he performed at the coronation of King George II 





No comments:

Post a Comment