Thursday, August 25, 2016

In The Shelter Of Your Wings



"Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth will I cry to You,
when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I
yes, a rock that is too high for me.
For You have been a shelter and a refuge
for me, a strong tower against the adversary.
I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever;
let me find refuge and trust in the 
shelter of Your wings.
Selah pause, and calmly think of that!
For You, O God, have heard my vows;
You have given me the heritage 
of those who fear, revere, and honor Your name.
May You prolong the true King's life
adding days upon days,
and may His years be to the last generation
of the world to come.
May He sit enthroned forever
before the face of God;
O ordain that loving-kindness and
faithfulness may watch over Him!
So will I sing praise to Your name, forever,
paying my vows day by day."
-Psalm 61


The Judean Mountains near Nataf, Israel






"Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears..."
"Sunrise, Sunset"
Bock/Harnick
from the Broadway musical,
"Fiddler on the Roof"
(1964)


 The Wedding Scene
from the movie,
"Fiddler On The Roof"
(1971)
 





"The Lord will keep you from all evil;
He will keep your life."
Psalm 121:7



In Favor With God
Simon Dewey





Great Spangled Butterfly rests on Butterfly Weed




“I tell of hearts and souls and dances...
Butterflies and second chances;
Desperate ones and dreamers bound,
Seeking life from barren ground,
Who suffer on in earthly fate
The bitter pain of agony hate,
Might but they stop and here forgive
Would break the bonds to breathe and live
And find that God in goodness brings
A chance for change, the hope of wings
To rest in Him, and self to die
And so become a butterfly.” 
-Karen Kingsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment