Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Song Of The Winter Jasmine Fairy





All through the Summer my leaves were green,
But never a flower of mine was seen;
Now Summer is gone, that was so gay,
And my little green leaves are shed away.
In the grey of the year
What cheer, what cheer?





The Winter is come, the cold winds blow,
I shall feel the frost and the drifting snow;
But the sun can shine in December too,
And this is the time of my gift to you.
See here, see here,
My flowers appear!

The swallows have flown beyond the sea,
But friendly Robin, he stays with me;
And little Tom-Tit, so busy and small,
Hops where the jasmine is thick on the wall;
And we say, "Good cheer!
We're here! We're here!




"The Song Of The Winter Jasmine Fairy"
Poem and Illustration
Cecily Mary Baker
(1895-1973)
English artist and poetess, and
 patroness of the English fairies



No comments:

Post a Comment