Sunday, March 31, 2019

Resting In Him





"And the Lord said, My Presence shall go with you,
and I will give you rest."
Exodus 33:14



A trail leads through the forest in the foothills of Jerusalem, between Srigim/Li'on and
Tel Azeka, where David, the shepherd boy who would one day be king of Israel,
 encountered and slew the Philistine giant, Goliath.
Photograph credit: ARYEH GREEN



I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, DEAR LORD,
WHY THIS HAS COME, NOR SEE,
WHY DAYS ARE DARK AND NIGHTS SO LONG,
AND CLOUDS O'ERSHADOW ME.

Dost thou not understand, My child,
Why clouds o'ercast the sky?
That without rain no rainbow bright
Could be, and flow'rs would die?

So in thy life, My precious one,
Shall I send only sun
To wither, scorch what dormant lies;
And little raindrops shun?

Come lay thy weary head and rest
Upon My breast-nor pine.
This is from Me; I know what's best
Thy beauty to refine.

Just trust Me when through paths unknown
I lead-perchance with pain.
Lean hard, my child, take thou My hand;
Some day I'll make it plain.

There may be mountains rough and steep
There may be valleys lone,
There may be jagged rocks, or thorns.
But thou art ne'er alone.

For I'll go with thee every step;
Thy pain and grief I'll share.
So lean the harder, child of Mine.
I've placed the burden there.

DEAR LORD, I MAY NOT UNDERSTAND
THE WAY THOU LEADEST ME.
SUFFICE TO KNOW THAT THOU, OH GOD,
THE PATH AHEAD DOTH SEE.



"Behold, the Lord's eye is upon those who fear Him,
who revere and worship Him with awe, who wait
for Him and hope in His mercy and loving-kindness."
Psalm 33:18

"Resting In Him"
Cornell K. Wilmoth



No comments:

Post a Comment