Saturday, November 18, 2023

Lord, Speak To Me

 


"After all the kingdom of God is not a matter of getting the food and drink
one likes, but instead it is righteousness, that state which makes a person
acceptable to God, and heart peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."
(Romans 14:17)



The Holy Spirit
Image courtesy Art 4 God



Lord, speak to me, that I may speak

In living echoes of Thy tone;

As Thou hast sought, so let me seek

Thine erring children lost and lone.

O strengthen me, that while I may stand

Firm on the Rock, and strong in Thee,

I may stretch out a loving hand

To wrestlers with the troubled sea.

O teach me, Lord, that I may teach

The precious things Thou dost impart;

And wing my words, that they may reach

The hidden depths of many a heart.

O fill me with Thy fulness, Lord,

Until my very heart o'er flow

In kindling thought and glowing word,

Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.

O use me, Lord, use even me,

Just as Thou wilt, and when and where;

Until Thy blessed face I see,

Thy rest,  Thy joy,  Thy glory share.



Frances Ridley Havergal
(1836-1879)
Portrait courtesy/Wikimedia Commons

" Lord, Speak To Me"
(1872)
Frances Ridley Havergal
English Christian hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment