Thursday, November 23, 2023

My God Thou Art A God Of Strength And Beauty



"Give to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord
in the beauty of holiness or in holy array."
(Psalm 29: 2)



Vintage Thanksgiving Postcard
Image courtesy/Pinterest


My God Thou art a God of strength and beauty;

Thou art the mighty Keeper of the seas;

Thou givest me my life, my faith, my seeing-

And I, so small-what can I give for these?

Thou givest me the sun, the hills, the rainfall,

Clear eyes to see the daybreak and the night,

A mind to fathom truth and follow straightly-

And I, so small-what can I give of might?

Thou givest me the love of little children,

The quiet shining of the passing day,

The flow of peace within a burning heartache-

And I, so small-what can I give or say?

And then, as though Thou countest not these blessings,

Thou sendest Thine own Son to die for me-

And I, so small-oh, humbly and with gladness-

I give my all-I give my life to Thee!


"Thanksgiving"
A poem from 
"The Church School Hymnal of Youth"
(1934)
The Westminster Press
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania



No comments:

Post a Comment