Thursday, November 30, 2023

November Farewell

 

One neat stitch!  And another neat stitch!

I'll sew this seam all the way.

I'm doing this task in honor of the Pilgrims,

For this, you know, is their day.


Pilgrim Girl
(2015)
Paul Pritchett
Painting courtesy/ Fine Art America


I could sing a psalm or say a little prayer,

Or I might make a pumpkin pie

To honor those souls who long time ago

Dared a strange sea and sky.


But I think that sitting so calm and prim

Is just as a Pilgrim maid

Would have sat and sewed and so I feel

A fitting tribute I've paid.


One neat stitch! And another neat stitch!

And there the seam is done!

I did my duty in honor of the Pilgrims,

And it's been a lot of fun!


"In Honor Of The Pilgrims"
(1935)
Louise Hetrick
The Giant Book of Thanksgiving




No comments:

Post a Comment