Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A Prayer For Ash Wednesday




" Create in me a clean heart, O God,

and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast

spirit within me.


Outpouring from Heaven
Todd L. Thomas



Cast me not away from Your presence 

 and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation

and uphold me with a willing spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors Your ways,

and sinners shall be converted and return to You.

Deliver me from the bloodguiltiness and death, O God,

the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing 

 aloud of Your righteousness and Your justice.

O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall 

show forth Your praise.

For You delight not in sacrifice or else I would give it;

You find no pleasure in burnt offering.

My sacrifice, the sacrifice acceptable to God, 

is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart,

broken down with sorrow for sin and humbly and

 thoroughly penitent; such, O God, You will not despise."

Psalm 51:10-17




Wash Your Spirit Clean
Walela
(1997, 2002)



No comments:

Post a Comment