Saturday, February 22, 2020

The Cowboy and The Cross





I was once an old cowboy ridin' down the wrong trails

when I gazed upon a wooden cross with a crown of thorns and nails.

I asked an old cowpoke who was kneeling down to pray,

"Why are you kneeling by this old dead tree on such a pretty day?"



Cowboy
 Photograph by Jovan Klopocan
(November 3, 2013)



He looked up at me and grinned with the biggest smile on his face.

He said, "My friend, this cross is to remind all Cowboys of

 God's Amazing Grace."

The old cowpoke then took my hand and said,

"I too was once like you.

I've been down those lonely dusty trails and

done what real bad Cowboys do.

Why, I've cussed and fussed and I've even drawn my gun a time or two.

Then one day I met a preacher man who looked

me straight in the eyes and he said,

"Cowboy, Jesus loves you."

Hangin' there from his saddle was an old wooden cross

 and that's where I knelt down to pray.

Jesus forgave me all my wrongs, cleaned me up, and gave

this cowboy a brand new start that day.

So, you see my friend this cross ain't just part of an old tree.

It represents eternal life from a loving God

Who gave His life for cowboys like you and me.



"The Cowboy and The Cross"
Tracy "Bobo" Banks
(2007)



Amazing Grace
(My Chains Are Gone")
Chris Tomlin
(2014)






No comments:

Post a Comment