Saturday, February 1, 2020

God's Assurance Gives Us Endurance




"Now faith is the assurance of things we hope for,
being proof of things we do not see, and the conviction
of their reality, faith perceiving as real fact what is
not revealed to the senses."
Hebrews 11:1


"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood."



Step Of Faith
Penny Strople
(2015)



My blessings are so many

my troubles are so few,

How can I be discouraged when

I know that I have You?

And I have the sweet assurance

that there is nothing to fear

If I keep remembering I

am Yours and You are near.

Help me to endure the storms that

keep raging deep inside me,

And make me more aware each

day that no evil can betide me.

If I remain undaunted though

the billows sweep and roll,

Knowing I have Your assurance,

there's a haven for my soul,

For anything and everything

can somehow be endured

If Your presence is beside me

and lovingly assured.



"This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all day long."


"God's Assurance Gives Us Endurance"
A poem by Helen Steiner Rice

"Blessed Assurance"
A song by Fanny Crosby





No comments:

Post a Comment