Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Beauty Of The Full Moon Night






The other night I walked outside 
and into the beauty 
of the full moon night.
 I felt as if I had walked
 into an Andrew Wyeth painting
 of the winter countryside...


  Snowy Landscape 
Andrew Wyeth






Walking in the brilliant moonlight...
My boots
making a single pair of tracks
across the frozen white landscape
the sharp interplay
of light and the stark
shadows
of the bare trees
silhouetted
across the

 illuminated ground.
I stand there
in silence
so deep
my ears are ringing.

- Pamela Denise Brida





"I prefer winter and fall
when you feel the bone structure
in the landscape- the lonliness of it-
the dead feeling of winter.
Something waits beneath it-
the whole story doesn't show."
-Andrew Wyeth 







Brandywine River Museum of Art
 Chadds Ford, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment