Monday, November 9, 2015

Little Girls & Dolls






My Doll and I

When I look at
my great big beautiful doll,
So golden-haired
and so slim and so tall,
I'm thankful
that she belongs to me,
And that she's as sweet
as a doll can be.

But I sometimes wonder
just what she thinks!
Never one lash of her eye
she blinks.
And I wonder if
in her stuffed parts there stir
Some thanks because
I belong to her!
-Louise Hetrick


Shirley Temple and friend.






 

A Doll Lover's Dream!



Shirley Temple's
Fabulous Doll Collection











Remembering 

a real life 
fairy tale world
of innocence lost...




The beautiful daughters of
Czar Nicholas II of Russia
with their dolls.
 Clockwise from the left:
Grand Duchess Marie,
Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany
holding the Czarevitch Alexei;
Grand Duchess Olga
Czarina Alexandra Fyodorovna,
Grand Duchess Anastasia.
 Czar Nicholas II of Russia 
Grand Duchess Tatiana



A clearer portrait of
the children of Czar Nicholas II
From left to right:
Tatiana, Anastasia, Alexei, Marie, Olga












Illustration from the classic book,
"Let's Play House"
By Lois Lenski
(1944)





"Dolly and Me"
Bessie Pease Gutman






In keeping with my favorite
holiday coming up this month
here's a paper version of
one of my favorite
collectible dolls
Miss Dolly Dingle
and her friend,
Billy Bumps





Illustrator Grace Drayton
1877-1936
was the creator of
Dolly Dingle
and also the
famous
"Campbell's Soup Kids"






A Lucky Find...


During one of my recent
thrift store therapy sessions
I came across a rare
17-inch Sweet Sue Walker Doll
from the 1950's
tossed up on a shelf 
full of Christmas decorations.
I quickly came to her rescue!
My doll is in fairly good condition
and looks very similar to the
doll in the picture below.
And I only paid $10.00 for her!


Sweet Sue
American Character Doll



No comments:

Post a Comment