Sunday, April 9, 2017

Behold Your King





"Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion!
Shout aloud, O Daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold your King comes to you;
He is uncompromisingly just
and having salvation,
triumphant and victorious,
patient, meek, lowly,
and riding on a donkey,
upon a colt,
the foal of a donkey."
Zechariah 9:9



Jesus Enters Jerusalem On A Donkey
Triumphal Entry
Brian Jekel






Ride on, ride on, in majesty!
Hark! all the tribes Hosanna cry;
O Savior meek, pursue Thy road
With palms and scattered garments strowed.
Ride on, ride on, in majesty!
In lowly pomp ride on to die!
O Christ! Thy triumph now begin
Over captive death and conquered sin.
Ride on, ride on, in majesty!
The wing├Ęd squadrons of the sky
Look down with sad and wondering eyes
To see the approaching sacrifice.
Ride on, ride on, in majesty!
Thy last and fiercest strife is nigh;
The Father, on His sapphire throne,
Expects His own anointed Son.
Ride on, ride on, in majesty!
In lowly pomp ride on to die;
Bow Thy meek head to mortal pain,
Then take, O God, Thy power, and reign.
Henry H. Milman
(1820)





 “Behold the Lamb of God,
 which taketh away the sin of the world.”
 John 1:29





The Crucifixion
 Mia Tavonatti






Behold Him now on yonder tree,
The Prince of Peace, the heavenly King;
O what can His transgression be
Such shameful punishment to bring?
And lo, a thief hangs on each side;
Who justly suffers for his crime.
But why should Christ be crucified,
The One so holy, so divine?

It was for me, yes, even me,
That Jesus died on Calvary;
My soul to cleanse from all its guilt,
His precious blood my Savior spilt.
 O sinner, see, for you and me
He freely suffers in our stead;
And lo, He dies upon the tree;
Behold, He bows His sacred head!

So pure, yet He has borne our guilt,
By death our ransom He has paid;
It was for us His blood was spilt;
Our every sin on Him was laid.

O loving Savior, take my heart,
No longer can I live from Thee!
With all unlike Thee now I part;
Thy wondrous love has conquered me.
I yield to Thee my little all;
Accept me now, Lord, as Thine own;
I’ll be obedient to Thy call
And spend my life for Thee alone.


"Behold Him Now On Yonder Tree"
George S. Smith
(1887)

No comments:

Post a Comment