Thursday, February 8, 2018

Joy Of The Morning





"And I say, Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest.
Yes, I would wander far away, I would
lodge in the wilderness!
Selah pause, and calmly think of that!
I would hasten to escape and to find shelter
from the stormy wind and tempest."
Psalm 55:6-8



Mourning Dove



I hear you, little bird,
Shouting a-swing above the broken wall.
Shout louder yet: no song can tell it all.
Sing to my soul in the deep, still wood:
'Tis wonderful beyond the wildest word:
I'd tell it, too, if I could.


Oft when the white, still dawn
Lifted the skies and pushed the hills apart,
I've felt it like a glory in my heart-
(The world's mysterious stir)
But had no throat like yours, my bird,
Nor such a listener.



American Goldfinch
State Bird of New Jersey




Joy Of The Morning
A poem by Edwin Markham



No comments:

Post a Comment