Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tuesday Devotional With Derek Prince: "Don't Give Up"




"Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the
ends of the earth, does not grow faint or weary;
there is no searching of His understanding.


Mt. Carmel, Israel
"Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice
and the wood and the stones and the dust, and also licked up the
water that was in the trench. When all the people saw it they
fell on their faces and they said, "The Lord, He is God!
The Lord, His is God!"
II Kings 18:38-39


He gives power to the faint and weary,
and to him who has no might He increases
strength, causing it to multiply and making
it abound.  

Even youths shall faint and be
weary, and selected young men shall 
feebly stumble and fall exhausted.

But those who wait for the Lord, who
expect, look for, and hope in Him
shall change and renew their strength and
power; they shall lift their wings and mount up
close to God as eagles mount up to the sun;
they shall run and not grow weary, they
shall walk and not faint or become tired."
Isaiah 40:28-31



"Don't Give Up"
Derek Prince



"Three times I called upon the Lord and besought
Him about this and begged that it might depart from me;

But He said to me, My grace, My favor, and loving-kindness
and mercy is enough for you, sufficient against any danger
and enables you to bear the trouble manfully; for My
strength and power are made perfect, fulfilled and completed,
and show themselves most effective in your weakness.
Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weakness
and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ the Messiah
may rest, yes, may pitch a tent and dwell upon me!

So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure
in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities,
and distresses; for when I am weak in human strength,
then I am truly strong, able, powerful, in divine strength."
II Corinthians 12:8-10



No comments:

Post a Comment