Sunday, January 19, 2020

Celebrating Two Great Americans On Their Birthday






"We poor sinners need to come back from our wanderings
to seek pardon through the all-sufficient merits of our Redeemer.
And we need to pray earnestly for the power of the Holy Spirit
to give us a precious revival in our hearts and among the unconverted."
-Robert E. Lee




Robert Edward Lee
January 19, 1807-October 12, 1870
American and Confederate General
Distinguished hero of the Mexican War
(1846-1848)




"When I have earnestly recalled Your ordinances from of old,
O Lord, I have taken comfort. Burning indignation, terror and sadness
seize upon me because of the wicked, who forsake Your law.
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
I have earnestly remembered Your name, O Lord, in the night,
and I have observed Your law.  
Psalm 119: 52-54



Edgar Allan Poe
January 19, 1809-October 7, 1849
American writer, poet, and literary critic




No comments:

Post a Comment