Thursday, January 9, 2020

If You Meet God In The Morning He Will Go With You Through The Day




The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof...

It speaks of His greatness, it sings of His love.

And each day at dawning I lift my heart high

And raise up my eyes to the infinite sky.



Dawn Breaking Over The Ocean
 Stone Harbor New Jersey



I watch the night vanish as a new day is born,

And I hear the birds sing on the wings of the morn.

I see the dew glisten in crystal-like splendor

While God, with a touch that is gentle and tender,


Wraps up the night and softly tucks it away

And hangs out the sun to herald a new day...

And so I give thanks and my heart kneels to pray,

"God keep me and guide me and go with me today."




"If You Meet God In The Morning He Will Go 
With You Through The Day"
From the book, "A Collection Of Joy"
Helen Steiner Rice
(1900-1981)
American Christian writer and
Inspirational poetess




No comments:

Post a Comment