Friday, August 7, 2020

The Anchored Soul





"Now we have this hope as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul,
it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it-
a hope that reaches farther and enters into the very certainty 
of the Presence within the veil.

Where Jesus has entered in for us in advance, the Forerunner having
become a High Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek."
Hebrews 6:19-20





I am resting so sweetly in Jesus now!
I sail the wide seas no more;
The tempests may sweep
O'er the wild, stormy deep-
I am safe where the storms come no more.

I have anchored my soul in the haven of rest,
I sail the wild seas no more, no more;
The tempests may sweep
O'er the wild, stormy deep,
But in Jesus I'm safe evermore, evermore,
But in Jesus I'm safe evermore.

O long on the ocean my bark was tossed,
Where tempests and storms ne'er cease;
My heart was in fear
And no refuge was near,
Till in Jesus my soul found her peace.

How sweet in a haven of rest to hide!
No billows of doubt or fear-
The oceans may roll,
But there's rest for the soul,
When the voice of my Savior is near. 



"The Anchored Soul"
William Orcutt Cushing
(1823-1902)
American minister and hymn writer



No comments:

Post a Comment