Sunday, November 29, 2020

Judge Eternal Throned In Splendor

 

"Fear not, there is nothing to fear, for I am with you;
do not look around you in terror and be dismayed,
for I am your God.
I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties,
yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and
retain you with My victorious right hand
 of rightness and justice.
Isaiah 41:10


Painting by Alan Grant


Judge eternal, throned in slendor,

Lord of lords and King of kings,

With Thy living fire of judgment

Purge this realm of bitter things:

Solace all its wide dominion

With the healing of Thy wings.

Still the weary folk are pining

For the hour that brings release;

And the city's crowded clangor

Cries aloud for sin to cease;

And the homesteads and woodlands

Plead in silence for their peace.

Crown, O God, Thine own endeavor:

Cleave our darkness with Thy sword;

Feed the faint and hungry peoples

With the richness of Thy Word;

Cleanse the body of the nation

Through the glory of the Lord.

Amen



"Judge Eternal Throned In Splendor"
(1902)
Reverend Henry Scott Holland
(1847-1918)
English clergyman and Hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment