Sunday, November 22, 2020

The Lord Will Go Forth...He Will Do Mightily Against His Enemies!

 


"The Lord will go forth like a mighty man,
He will rouse up His zealous indignation and vengeance 
like a warrior; He will cry, yes, He will shout aloud.
He will do mightily against His enemies."
Isaiah 42:13




Unto You do I cry, O Lord my Rock,


be not deaf and silent to me, 


lest,  if You be silent to me,


I become like those going down to the pit.


Hear the voice of my supplication


as I cry to You for help,


as I lift up my hands toward


Your innermost sanctuary


the Holy of Holies.


Drag me not away with the wicked,


with the workers of iniquity,


who speak peace with their neighbors,


but malice and mischief are in their hearts.


Repay them according to their work


and according to the wickedness of their doings;


repay them according to the works of their hands;


render to them what they deserve.


Because they regard not the works of the Lord


nor the operation of His hands,


He will break them down and not rebuild them.


Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard 


the voice of my supplications.


The Lord is my Strength and my impenetrable Shield;


my heart trusts in, relies on, 


and confidently leans on Him,


and I am helped; 


therefore my heart greatly rejoices,


and with my song I will praise Him.



The Lord is their unyielding Strength,


and He is the Stronghold of salvation to His anointed


Save Your people and bless Your heritage;


nourish and shepherd them and carry them forever.


Psalm 28



"You are Lord over all the earth..."


Adonai
Paul Wilbur
(2007)



No comments:

Post a Comment