Saturday, November 20, 2021

On My Mind: If You Were Born In America You Are Blessed






While food prices have generally increased in my area in recent weeks,
there is no way bureaucratic meddling in consumer affairs is going to stop me
 from enjoying the celebration of Thanksgiving with my family and friends!

Hosting a traditional dinner where all the invited guests obligingly 
"bring the trimmings" is one way of cutting the cost of the holiday meal.



Dr. Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr.
 17th Secretary for US Housing and Urban Development
 under President Donald Trump


I recently had the distinct pleasure of listening to former US Secretary for
Housing and Urban Development Dr. Ben Carson, who was the guest speaker
at the 25th anniversary fund-raiser for Choices of the Heart, a pro-life ministry 
 here in southern New Jersey.  In addition to being a world renown neurosurgeon,
this soft spoken man is a self-professed politically incorrect, unapologetic
Christian, who told his listening audience that night that he and his wife, 
 Candy have lived in many different nations over the years.

He then added, "If you were born in America, you are blessed."
And he is right.

Dr. Carson also spoke about the immigration nightmare plaguing our southern border.
"If America is such a bad country as we are being told every day by the news media,
then why are caravans of desperate people fighting to get in here?" he asked.

Again, this wonderful gentleman was right on the money!

Our nation definitely has its problems.  The America of my childhood is gone now.
 And while I do not know if this nation will ever return to "business as usual"
 in the aftermath of the liberty-crushing, Covid-19 restrictions and mandates,
 I think we will always have political corruption, as well as racial
 strife and social unrest plaguing our land as long as prideful,
 self-centered, and greedy human beings refuse to change their ways.

Nevertheless, every morning when I open my eyes to face another day,
I thank God that I can put my hope and confidence in His Word
 for guidance and comfort in these uncertain times we are living in 
 today.  And that I am waking up in the United States of America.


Thy Word
Amy Grant
Songs 4 Worship: Shout To The Lord
2001 Integrity Music




2 comments:

  1. This is GREAT! I have always like Ben and wish he could have got in the running for President. At the time to me he was the only one that would be truthful with the American people. Be Blessed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive feedback, Jewel! Blessings to you my friend!

      Delete