Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Redeemed And With The Price Of Blood

 

"You were slain and with Your blood You purchased men unto God
from every tribe and language and people and nation."
(Revelation 5:9)


Picture courtesy/wallpaper4iphone/tumblr.com



Redeemed, and with the price of blood,

Which Thou hast shed for me,

I stand, a monument of grace,

A witness, Lord, for Thee.

Redeemed, and made by simple faith

An heir of Heaven above!

Oh, love surpassing human thought!

Oh, vast, unmeasured love!

Redeemed, no longer dead in sin

But raised by pow'r divine,

My tongue, rejoicing, cries aloud,

All glory, Lord, be Thine.

Redeemed, my heart is filled with praise,

My soul true comfort knows,

And daily feels the calm of peace

That like a river flows.

Redeemed, I'll tell it o'er and o'er;

Redeemed my song shall be,

My watchword through the vale of death,

My passport home to Thee.



"Redeemed And With The Price Of Blood"
(1881)
Frances Jane "Fanny" Crosby
(1820-1915)
 Prolific American hymn writer




No comments:

Post a Comment