Saturday, February 10, 2024

Winters On The Farm

 


Glad winters on the olden farm!

How raptures from the early times

Commingle into fairy chimes

Which gently banish cries of harm!

My fainting soul finds rest the whiles

Within the arms of memory,

And tender scenes of boyish glee

Transform my sorrows into smiles.


Wintry Farm Scene
Image courtesy/Fine Art America





Thrice happy nights and happy days,

Sweet isles of pleasure in the past,

May long your hallowed moments cast

A sacred sunshine o'er my ways!

And where life leads me, gladly arm

My soul with angel songs of bliss,

With true embrace and holy kiss,

O, winters on the olden farm!



An excerpt from the poem,
"Winters On The Farm"
Freeman Edwin Miller
(1864-1951)
American poet, lawyer, newspaper editor,
and district court judge







No comments:

Post a Comment