Thursday, February 29, 2024

Thursday's Thoughts: None Other Lamb, None Other Name

 




"You are my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in Your word."
(Psalm 119:114)



Jesus Bringing A Lost Lamb Home
Melani Pyke
 Image courtesy/ Saatchi Art



None other Lamb, none other Name,

None other Hope in heaven or earth or sea,

None other Hiding Place from guilt and shame,

None beside Thee.

My faith burns low, my hope burns low;

Only my heart's desire cries out in me,

By the deep thunder of its want and woe,

Cries out to Thee.

Lord, Thou are Life, though I be dead;

Love's Fire, Thou art, however cold I be;

Nor heaven have I, nor place to lay my head,

Nor home, but Thee.

Amen


"None Other Lamb, None Other Name"
Christina Rossetti
(1830-1894
English poetess of the Victorian Era





No comments:

Post a Comment