Monday, August 31, 2026

Monday Meditation: Great Is Thy Faithfulness

 

  

"Because of the loving devotion of the LORD we are not consumed, for His mercies
never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!"
(Lamentations 3:22-23) 

 

 
Image courtesy/iStock

 

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God, my Father,

There is no shadow of turning with Thee.

Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;

As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be. 

Great is Thy faithfulness,

Great is Thy faithfulness,

Morning by morning new mercies I see.

All I have needed Thy hand has provided;

Great is Thy faithfulness,

Lord unto me. 


Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,

Sun, moon, stars in their courses above

Join with all nature in manifold witness

To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, love. 


Pardon for sin and peace that endureth,

Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,

Blessings all mine and ten thousand beside.


Great is Thy faithfulness,

Great is Thy faithfulness,

Morning by morning new mercies I see.

All I have needed Thy hand has provided;

Great is Thy faithfulness,

Lord unto me. 

 

"Great Is Thy Faithfulness"
(1923)
Thomas Obadiah Chisholm 
(1866-1960)
American Methodist minister,
poet, and songwriter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment