Monday, August 10, 2026

Monday Meditation: Out Of The Depths

 

 

 

"I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in His Word do I hope."
(Psalm 130:5)

 

Image courtesy/DepositPhotos


 PSALM 130
A Song of Degrees

 Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O LORD.

LORD, hear my voice; let thine ears be attentive

to the voice of my supplications.

If Thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities,

O LORD, who shall stand?

But there is forgiveness with Thee,

that Thou mayest be feared.

I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait,

and in His Word do I hope.

My soul waiteth for the LORD

more than they that watch for the morning:

I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

Let Israel hope in the LORD;

for with the LORD there is mercy,

and with Him is plenteous redemption.

And He shall redeem Israel from

all their iniquities.

 

"It little matters where we are if we can pray; but prayer is never more real
and acceptable than when it rises out of the worst places. Deep places beget
deep devotion.  Depths of earnestness are stirred by depths of tribulation.
Diamonds sparkle most amid the darkness.  The more distressed we are,
the more excellent is the faith which trust bravely in the Lord and
therefore appeals to Him and to Him alone." 
-Charles Haddon Spurgeon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment