Thursday, August 27, 2026

Thursday's Thoughts: Make Me A Blessing Today

 

 

 

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people
 light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a stand, and it gives
light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men,
 that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." 
(Matthew 5:14-16)

 

 

Image courtesy/Island in the Net

 


 

 Oh, softly the Spirit is whispering to me,

With tender compassion, with pitying plea;

I hear His beseeching, and earnestly pray

That Jesus will make me a blessing today. 


Lord, make me a blessing today,

A blessing to someone I pray;

In all that I do, in all that I say,

O make me a blessing today. 


Some heart may be longing, for only a word,

Whose love by the Spirit is quickened and stirred;

Now grant, blessed Savior, this service to me,

Of speaking a comforting message for Thee. 


Some soul may be plunged in the darkest despair,

Where shadows would melt in the sunlight of prayer;

O give me, dear Savior, I humbly implore,

The sweet consolation that soul to restore. 


Come all ye that labor, ye weary and worn,

Come ye who in sorrow or sinfulness mourn;

With me this petition to Jesus convey;

O make me a blessing, dear Savior, today.

Lord, make me a blessing today,

A blessing to someone I pray;

In all that I do, in all that I say,

O make me a blessing today. 

 

Fanny Crosby
Image courtesy/Cyber Hymnal

"Make Me A Blessing Today"
(1899)
 Frances Jane "Fanny" Crosby
(1820-1915)
American Christian evangelist 
 and prolific hymn writer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment