Friday, March 6, 2015

'tween thee and me






"And the pillar or monument
was called Mizpah
(watchpost)
for he (Laban) said,
"May the Lord
watch between 
you and me
when we are absent
and hidden
one from another."
Genesis 31:49



Go thou thy way
 and I go mine,
Apart, yet not afar;
Only a thin veil hangs between
The pathways where we are.
And "God keep watch
'tween thee and me";
This is my prayer;
He looks thy way, 
He looketh mine,
And keeps us near.


I sigh to see thy face,
But since this may not be,
I'll leave thee
to the care of Him
Who cares for
 thee and me.
"I'll keep you both
beneath My wings,"
This comforts, dear;
One wing o'er thee
and one o'er me,
Will keep us near.

And though our
 paths be separate,
And thy way 
is not mine,
Yet coming to 
the Mercy seat,
My soul will meet
with thine.

And God keep watch
'tween thee and me,"
I'll whisper there.
He blesseth thee,
He blesseth me,
And we are near.
 "Mizpah"
-Julia A Baker 

 

 Though we are apart
you walk
forever
in my soul.








"Just remember in the winter 
far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed
 that with the sun's love, 
in the spring
 becomes the rose."
-Amanda McBroom 






"The last enemy to be 
subdued and abolished
is death."
1Corinthians 15:26
 

No comments:

Post a Comment