Saturday, March 14, 2015

Wind Song



"The March wind roars
Like a lion in the sky...







And makes us shiver
As he passes by.
When winds are soft,
And the days are warm and clear,
Just like a gentle lamb,
Then spring is here."
  Author Unknown







Who has
 seen the wind?
Neither I nor you.
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.
Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I.
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.

-Christina Rossetti



Music In the Wind
Bev Doolittle



 No one can tell me,
Nobody knows,
Where the wind comes from,
Where the wind goes.

It's flying from somewhere
As fast as it can,
I couldn't keep up with it,
Not if I ran.

But if I stopped holding
The string of my kite,
It would blow with the wind
For a day and a night.

And then when I found it,
Wherever it blew,
I should know that the wind
Had been going there too.

So then I could tell them
Where the wind goes...
But where the wind comes from
Nobody knows. 
-A.A. Milne




Pooh and Piglet and the Blustery Day
"The Many Adventures Of Winnie-The-Pooh"
Walt Disney Productions
(1977)




"As you know not what is the way of the wind
or how the spirit comes to the bones in the womb
of a pregnant woman,even so you know not
the work of God, Who does all."
Ecclesiastes 11:5




Mother and Child
Lee Bogle



I wish I could see 

how the ocean is lashing
The foam of its billows

 to whirlwinds of spray;
I wish I could see how

 its proud waves are dashing,
And hear the wild roar

 of their thunder today!
-Anne Bronte



The Storm On The Sea Of Galilee
Rembrandt van Rijn
(1633)

This beautiful work of art was one of the paintings stolen 
 from the Isabella Gardner Museum in Boston in 1990.
It's whereabouts are still unknown today.



No comments:

Post a Comment