Friday, September 25, 2015

The Fall and The Glory



"Send forth, O God, Thy light and truth,
And let them lead me still,
Undaunted, in the paths of right,
Up to Thy holy hill...


Autumn Run
Terry Redlin



...Then to Thy altar will I spring,
And in my God rejoice;
And praise shall tune the trembling string,
And gratitude my voice.

O why, my soul, art thou cast down?
Within me why distressed?
Thy hopes the God of grace shall crown;
He yet shall make thee blessed.
To Him, my never failing Friend,
I bow, and kiss the rod;
To Him shall thanks and praise ascend,
My Savior and my God.
John Quincy Adams
(1841)
Sixth President of the
United States of America 



"When to the sessions
of sweet silent thought,
I summon up remembrance
of things past..."
William Shakespeare



 Autumn in the Country
Fred Swan







“I am beginning to learn
 that it is the sweet, simple things of life
 which are the real ones after all.” 
Laura Ingalls Wilder 



Pick of the Patch
John Sloane






" Now thank we all our God,
 with heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done,
 in Whom this world rejoices;
Who from our mothers’ arms
 has blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love, 
and still is ours today."
Martin Rinkart 
(1636)




Donald Zoltan



"Praise and joy in the fall,
 My heart rejoices at it all!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment