Sunday, July 17, 2016

Tea Party





The little girl's stirring her tea so sweet;
Tea in the garden is such a great treat,
With a cool breeze blowing, and not too much heat-
And doesn't the tea-tray look charmingly neat?

~Kate Greenaway


Little Girls Having Tea
(1900)





 


I had a little tea party
This afternoon at three.
'Twas very small-
Three guest in all-
Just I, myself and me.
Myself ate all the sandwiches,
While I drank up the tea;
'Twas also I who ate the pie
And passed the cake to me.

~Jessica Nelson North





 Lovely Blue Willow Tea Set





Traditional English scone with
butter and strawberry jam.
Beautiful!





 “You can never get a cup of tea large enough
 or a book long enough to suit me.” 
-C.S. Lewis




Quiet Pleasures
  Gustave Max Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment