Friday, August 25, 2017

August Poems & Praise





Oh, give me a quiet place to walk
Where few men before have trod;
A place where I can know myself
And walk hand-in-hand with God.

A place where I can know the joy
Of God's endearing embrace,
Commune with Nature's calming voice
And feel her breath upon my face.

A place to hear God's peaceful voice
away from life's hectic pace,
To hear His voice in the whispering breeze
And know of His love and grace.

I hear His voice in a trickling stream
On its journey to the distant sea;
I feel His presence ever near-
As He whispers His peace to me.

I've found a quiet place to walk
Where blessings shower from above.
To know myself-is to know my God-
May my life reflect His love.
"A Quiet Voice"
Charles Clevenger


A Woman Under An Umbrella In A Meadow
Ivan Shuskin
(1881)





"Behold, how good and how pleasant
it is for brethren to dwell in unity together!
It is like the precious ointment poured on
the head, that ran down on the beard,
even the beard of Aaron, the first high priest,
that came down upon the collar and skirts 
of his garments, consecrating the whole body.
It is like the dew of lofty Mount Hermon and the
dew that comes on the hills of Zion; for there
the Lord has commanded the blessing; even
life forevermore upon the high and the lowly."
Psalm 133


Mount Hermon Israel




Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll,
While the tempest still is high:
Hide me, O my Saviour hide,
Till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide;
O receive my soul at last!

Other refuge have I none;
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah! leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want;
More than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint,
Heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy Name;
I am all unrighteousness;
False and full of sin I am,
Thou art full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with Thee is found,
Grace to cover all my sin;
Let the healing streams abound;
Make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the Fountain art,
Freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart,
Rise to all eternity. Amen.

"The Life in Christ"
Reverend Charles Wesley
(1740)



Walking at the Arcachon Dune
Vladimir Volegov



The sunshine paints a rainbow when
A summer storm is through,
And on the roses droplets shine
From early morning dew.

The misty blue bell colonies
Tucked in a deep ravine
Are hidden, and by people they
Are very seldom seen.

While in the clear blue sky clouds float
For everyone to see,
And in the trees the song-birds nest
And sing in harmony.

The music from a mountain stream
Mankind can never quell,
Nor can we match the splendor of
The twilight in the dell.

The color spectrums sparkle from
The ripples of a stream,
Wild flowers by a country lane
Sown by our God supreme!

These are just a few paint strokes
That decorate our land
Directly from our God of love,
And painted by His hand.

"Paint Strokes of God"
Luther Elvis Albright


A field of wildflowers near Park City, Utah




"Open my eyes that I may behold wondrous
things out of Your law."
Psalm 119:18


I open my eyes with joy, O Lord,
And with thanks that I can see
The earth's great bounties everywhere-
All blessings that come from Thee.

I begin this day with love, Oh Lord,
For those who share with me
The love that will not let us go,
The love that comes from Thee.

I awake again with faith, Oh Lord,
That you'll walk with me all day,
And use me to touch a fettered soul,
Or mend some hurt along the way.

My heart awakes with thanks, Oh Lord,
For tasks which remain undone,
That I may work with strength anew
'Til I welcome the setting sun.

Please use this day of my life, O Lord,
In a way that pleases Thee,
And when I come to evening's rest
May I find You still near to me.

"A Morning Prayer"
Evy Reis



One Summer Morning
Karen Margulis



No comments:

Post a Comment