Saturday, November 4, 2017

A Prayer For The Sleepless


"Don't be afraid for I am with you.
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you.
I will help you.
I will uphold you 
with My victorious right hand."
Isaiah 41:10



Healing Touch
Mary Southard



"One (God) Elohim and (Father) Abba
of us all, Who is above all, 
(Sovereign over all), Melekh HaMelakhim,
pervading all and living in us all."
Ephesians 4:6



Psalm 4
To the Chief Musician;
on stringed instruments. A psalm of David.

Answer me when I call, O God of 
my righteousness, (uprightness, justice,
and right standing with You!

You have freed me when I was hemmed in
and enlarged me when I was in distress;
have mercy upon me and hear my prayer.

O you sons of men, how long will you
turn my honor and glory into shame?
How long will you love vanity and futility
and seek after lies?
Selah pause, and calmly think of that!

But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself,
(and given distinction to) him who is godly (the man of
loving-kindness.) The Lord listens and heeds 
when I call to Him.

Be angry (or stand in awe) and sin not;
commune in your own hearts upon your beds and be silent
(sorry for the things you say in your hearts).
Selah pause, and calmly think of that!

Offer just and right sacrifices;
trust (lean on and be confident) in the Lord.

Many say, Oh! that we might see some good!
Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O Lord.

You have put more joy and rejoicing in my heart
then (they know) when their wheat and new wine
have yielded abundantly.

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone
make me dwell in safety and confident trust.



Sleeping Woman With Flowers
Marc Chagall
(1972)








No comments:

Post a Comment