Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Real Christ





"All we like sheep have gone astray, 
we have turned every one to his own way;
and the Lord has made light upon Him
the guilt and iniquity of us all."
Isaiah 53:6



The Crucifixion
Bartolome Esteban Murillo
(1675)




I saw the cross of Jesus
When burdened with my sin:
I sought the cross of Jesus
To give me peace within;

I brought my sins to Jesus,
He cleansed me by His blood;
And in the cross of Jesus,
It tells me what I am-

A vile and guilty creature
Saved only thro' the Lamb;
No righteousness or merit,
No beauty can I plead;

Yet in the cross of  Jesus
My title there I read.
I clasp the cross of Jesus
In every trying hour,

My sure and certain refuge,
My never failing tower;
In every fear and conflict
I am more than conqu'ror am;
Living, I'm safe-or-dying-
Thro' Christ the risen Lamb.









A Teaching For Our Times
 By Bible Teacher Derek Prince
(1915-2003)




"And God purposed that through Him, the Son,
all things should be completely reconciled back to Himself,
whether on earth or in heaven, as through Him, the Father,
made peace by means of the blood of His cross."
Colossians 1:20





"The Cross of Jesus"
Words by George Muller
(1875)




No comments:

Post a Comment