Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Some Of God's Greatest Gifts



"For the Lord is a Sun and Shield;
the Lord bestows grace and favor and future glory
honor, splendor, and heavenly bliss!
No good thing will He withhold from
those who walk uprightly."
Psalm 84:11




Splashes of Color
Cherokee National Forest
North Carolina




 A THANKSGIVING


For all Thy blessings given there 
 are many to thank Thee, Lord,
But for the gifts withholden I fain
would add my word.

For good things I desired that
barred me from the best,
The peace at the price of honor,
the sloth of a shameful rest;

The poisonous sweets I longed for
to my hungering heart denied,
The staff that broke and failed me
when I walked in the way of pride;

The tinsel joys withheld that
so content might still be mine,
The help refused that might have
made me loose my hand from Thine;

The light withdrawn that I might not
see the dangers of my way;
For what Thou hast not given,
I thank Thee, Lord today.




The Cherohala Skyway
North Carolina




"A Thanksgiving"
By Annie Johnson Flint








No comments:

Post a Comment