Monday, March 12, 2018

How Lovely Is Your Dwelling Place



"How lovely are Your tabernacles,
O Lord of hosts!"
Psalm 84:1




Loch Carron, Scotland



How lovely is Your dwelling place
Oh Lord of Hosts,
I pine, I faint, I long to be,
Within the Temple Courts,
And every breath within me,
Shall cry aloud to You,
"The Living God, the Living God,
I put my trust in You."

Within the Temple of my God,
The sparrow builds her nest,
The swallow rears her brood,
And by Your altar finds her rest,

Oh Lord of Hosts our God and King,
We praise you without end,
And set out on the pilgrim's way,
The happiest of men,

A day is better spent with You
Than thousands spent at home,
Your doorstep brings a blessing,
That the wicked have not known,

The Lord He is my battlement,
The Lord He is my shield,
Such grace and honour He will give,
To those who choose to yield.



"How Lovely Is Your Dwelling Place"
A Modern Celtic Rendering 
Of Psalm 84
Lyrics and Music by 
John David Coupland






No comments:

Post a Comment