Thursday, March 1, 2018

World Book Day





Every year the first Thursday in March is
celebrated as World Book Day!



Overbooked
By Lori Preusch



I'm a strange contradiction; I'm new and I'm old,
I'm often in tatters, and oft deck'd in gold:
Though I never could read, yet letter'd I'm found;
Though blind, I enlighten; though loose, I am bound-


I'm always in black, and I'm always in white;
I am grave and I'm gay, I am heavy and light.
In form too I differ-I'm thick and I'm thin,
I've no flesh, and no bones, yet I'm cover'd with skin;



An illustration by NC Wyeth



I've more points than a compass, more stops than a flute-
I sing without voice, without speaking confute;
I'm English, I'm German, I'm French, and I'm Dutch;
Some love me too fondly; some slight me too much;
I often die soon, though sometimes live ages,
And no monarch alive has so many pages.



One Thousand Stories High
Lori Preusch



Take some time to read today!


"A Book"
A poem by Hannah More


























No comments:

Post a Comment